During your Master Scuba Diver Trainer training you will have the opportunity to dive on Roatan's beautiful wrecks, we regularly visit the Old coral encrusted Prince Albert, the Huge Oddysey, The Lively Aguila and the Deep Josie Jay. A visit to Cara a Cara to see Roatan's famous reef sharks on Coconut Tree's weekly trip and a try dive with full Tec equipment are all included as part of the price.
PADI Specialty Instructor Training courses teach instructor candidates how to organize, promote and conduct PADI Specialty Diver courses. The advantage of learning how to teach specialties with a course director or staff instructor is that you will lean many of the hints and tips that make teaching the specialty fun and rewarding for you and your future students. Many instructors are nervous about teaching specialty courses since they are not very sure of exactly what they should be doing and how. This won't be a problem for you after we have worked with you to explain the performance requirements of the various courses and demonstrated lots of fun ways to have your students meet these requirements.
A good example of this is the Digital Underwater Photographer course. In this specialty instructor training course we will provide you with two very useful PowerPoint presentations on a disc. One presentation is great to show at the start of the course and explains some of the techniques that the students should be using during the course. The second is a quick presentation on some of the basic functions available in Photoshop which greatly improve many underwater photos. With these two presentations at your disposal you will already be feeling ready to offer the specialty. On top of that we take you out and show techniques you can use in the water to help your future photography students. This is just one example of the many specialty instructor training courses we offer.
You have two main choices when becoming an Master Scuba Diver Trainer, self certify or attend specialty training courses with a course director.
- In order to self certify yourself as a specialty instructor you will need to first certify 25 students once you have issued 25 PADI certs, you can apply to be a specialty instructor in any area which you have logged 20 dives. For example if you have already logged 20 dives deeper than 60ft you would be able to self certify as a Deep specialty instructor. Some specialties you cannot self certify in, many of these are the most popular such as Nitrox, Gas Blender, Equipment, o2 Administrator. The PADI fee to apply directly is currently USD$60.
- The preferred way to attain your specialty ratings is to take a specialty instructor course. This has a number of advantages:
- The application fee is only $45 per specialty with 5 specialties for the price of 4 saving you $120.
- You will learn a lot about how to teach the courses effectively getting hands experience with various pieces of specialty equipment.
- I provide extra instructional materials such as PowerPoint presentations to assist you in providing structure around your classroom sessions and briefings.
- You only need ten logged dives in the specialty area to be certified.
- As already mentioned some specialty ratings can only be applied for through this method.
The cost of a 5 specialty training course is USD$600 including all equipment, 10 specialties is $900.
In order to become an Master Scuba Diver Trainer you need to be able to teach five specialties and then issue 25 PADI certifications any PADI certification counts from core courses such as OW, AOW, Rescue and DM to any of the specialties.
It is therefore obvious that the more courses you are certified to teach the more quickly you will be able to issue the 25 cert's you need to be an Maste Scuba Diver Trainer. This is where the MSDT Prep Course comes in. In this course you learn how to teach the PADI specialties you choose from the large list we offer. That way all that is left to become an Master Scuba Diver Trainer is to issue 25 cert's, which will be easy now you can teach so many specialties!
The majority of new instructors want to become a Master Scuba Diver Trainer as soon as possible. This rating greatly improves your potential for getting the job you want in the place you want to live. It also means that you will be teaching a wide variety of courses keeping your job fresh and exciting.
It is also a great way of getting out there and doing some really fun, yet productive dives after you have finished the IDC, it is a relaxed and enjoyable way finish up this stage of your professional development.
Coconut Tree Divers Master Scuba Diver Trainer internship offers a huge range of choices, as the only Tec training center on the island you can even work toward getting your Tec Instructor rating. If this interests you, you will want to have the Deep, EAN, Gas Blender, Oxygen Provider and probably Wreck. If Tec isn’t on your horizons, the most popular specialty instructor courses are EAN, Digital Photographer, Emergency Oxygen Provider, Gas blender and Search and Recovery. These are a good mix of the most popular courses requested at diver the level and the ones many potential employers like to see. In addition they include the two specialties that are part of the new 2011 DM curriculum (Deep and S&R)